Dependent on the Holy Spirit
The world advances its agenda through great ideas, human wisdom, strategic planning, and resourcing. While there is nothing wrong with those things inherently, the church must advance differently. Find out what it means to be dependent on the Holy Spirit.
I. Who is the Holy Spirit?
II. What Does the Holy Spirit Do?
III. What Does Dependence on the Holy Spirit Look Like?
Sermon Discussion Questions:
1. How would you know if you were living your life independent of the Holy Spirit rather than dependent on the Holy Spirit?
2. Do you think it is easier or harder for a Church like Covenant to depend on the Holy Spirit than it is for a church under persecution or without access to financial resources? What makes dependence so difficult?
3. Of the twelve ministries of the Holy Spirit mentioned in the sermon, which one(s) are you most grateful for today? Which one are you inclined to forget?
4. Pastor Trent mentioned five manifestations of a church that is living in dependence on the Holy Spirit. What are some other evidences that a person or church is dependent on the Spirit?
5. Will you earnestly consider joining us for the Frontline Prayer meetings beginning this Wednesday at 5:30?
This is the second sermon in our series, "Counter Culture". Today, January 17th, 2020, Trent Casto delivers his sermon from John 16:7-15 entitled "Counter Culture: Dependent on the Holy Spirit".