Sloth may seem like the most harmless of all the seven deadly sins. But Proverbs 18:9 says, "Whoever is slack in his work is a brother to him who destroys.” Join us to find out what the sin of sloth actually is and why it’s so deadly.
I. The Symptoms of Sloth
1. Refusal to Act
2. Unnecessarily Delaying Action
3. Unwillingness to Make a Commitment
4. Inability to Finish Something
5. Chronic Busyness
II. The Underlying Cause of Sloth
III. The Cure for Sloth
Sermon Discussion Questions:
1. As you consider the text of Numbers 13, why do you think the Israelites refused to go in and take the land that God had promised? How do you see these same issues at work in your life keeping you from going forward to have all that Christ died to purchase for you?
2. In what parts of your life are you most tempted to escape or avoid the demands of love?
3. Which of the symptoms of sloth are most apparent in your life?
4. In what part(s) of your life are you hesitant to act because you have a grasshopper mentality and are underestimating what God can do through you?
5. Recognizing that we can be overwhelmed by all of the things we could be doing, what is the one thing God may be calling you to do today out of love for him and love for your neighbor?
This is the sixth sermon in our series, "The Seven Deadly Sins". Today, March 21st, 2021, Trent Casto delivers his sermon from Numbers 13:17-33, entitled "Sloth".