Last Words (Deuteronomy 32:48-33:29)
Moses will not be going any further with the people and so he must tell them now what they must remember. What he tells the people of God with his last words as they head into the dangers, trials, and fearsome obstacles they are about to encounter is both simple, yet profound. And the same truths that would carry them through the challenges before them, will also carry us.
I. God Loves You.
II. God is For You.
III. God is With You.
1. God is with you as your unique rescuer
2. God is with you as your eternal dwelling place
3. God is with you as your unfailing support
4. God is with you as your unbreachable security
5. God is with you as your unexpected happiness
6. God is with you as your shield of help
7. God is with you as your sword of triumph
Sermon Discussion Questions:
1. If you know of any, what last words have you heard or read that impacted you?
2. How does knowing that Deuteronomy as a whole, and this chapter in particular is Moses’ last words shape your reading of the text?
3. Why are the coming of God to Israel at Mount Sinai and the coming of Christ to earth at Christmas evidences of God’s love for us?
4. What blessings in Scripture are most precious to you and speak loudest to you that God is for you? To what degree do you take these for granted in your day-to-day life and what impact does that have on you?
5. Consider the description of the God who is with us in verses 26-29. What do you have to dread or fear if this God is with you? Spend some time praising him and thanking for who he is.