Look To The Rock When You're On The Rocks
What do you do when your life is on the rocks? The song Moses teaches the people of God in Deuteronomy 32 gives us the answer.
I. Ascribe Perfection to Yahweh.
II. Acknowledge the Imperfections of Yahweh’s People.
III. Recognize the Justice of Yahweh.
IV. Treasure the Compassion of Yahweh.
V. Rejoice in and Respond to the Deliverance of Yahweh.
Sermon Discussion Questions:
1. What is a song that evokes powerful memories for you?
2. How is ascribing perfection to God a powerful help when we find ourselves on the rocks of life? Why does ascribing perfection to God not preclude lamenting difficult circumstances?
3. As you read or heard about the way Israel trampled and scorned God’s grace, did it bother you? How are you repaying the Lord for his kindnesses to you? Are there any changes you need to make today?
4. How can we hold God’s justice toward evil and God’s compassion toward his people together? How does the gospel resolve the tension?
5. The proper response to God’s promised salvation is both joy and obedience. How do those two things go together? What happens if we separate them?